Take for example the belief that an afflicted person must regularly wash his face several times a day using a facial scrub to get rid of acne. In reality, this has a logical appeal but is nevertheless a very unlikely solution.
In actual fact this can further aggravate rather than help solve the problem. This action may trigger the spreading of acne to other parts of the face tissue, take note that acne thrives in the deeper layers of the skin.
In some cases individuals resolve to using “harsh” soaps to cleanse the face of harmful bacteria, this as well is a far fetched and largely ineffective solution for treating an acne outbreak.
Acne cannot be treated fully, but there are several skin care methods that may prevent a major acne outbreak:
- Taking showers is far more advisable than taking regular baths for a continuous flow of water from the shower is helpful in opening the skin pores, thus washing of the dirt.
- It has been established that those who shower thoroughly, rinse their bodies and are able to relieve themselves of oily and dead skin cells. If you bathe in a tub however, the pustule infections may transfer to other parts of your skin and may create a new acne outbreak.
- Making use of a wash cloth may the possibility of widespread acne infections throughout the face. It is more advisable to use a soft wash cloth and avoid vigorous face washing or forceful rubbing. Another recommendation from dermatologists is washing of the face before entering the shower room as this may help prevent the spread of acne infections to other parts of the body.
- Doctors also recommend you ensure that in washing your hair, the shampoo doesn’t get in contact with your face or with the sensitive areas that are starting to show symptoms of becoming infested with acne.
- A small amount of Hydrogen Peroxide must be dissolved in the bath tub to kill bacteria that are present in the pores as they open.
- When washing your face, use the hottest water that you can withstand as it opens the skin pores entirely and kills the bacteria that thrive within. It may also dissolve the unnecessary oil while releasing them. In general, mild soaps may prove useful but specific soaps for treating acne may help decrease your pimples significantly.
- It is also recommended that an acne-afflicted person take two showers daily following the guidelines that are mentioned above, a shower in the morning and in the evening. However, if this cannot be done, it is advisable to wash your face regularly.
- The best option for an acne-prone person is to keep his pores open to prevent an outbreak of acne. To do this, you must wash your face on a regular basis, but not too often, as this may result in a bacteria-free face. Making use of wipes or washing the affected area may be helpful in washing your face.
- Any acne-affected parts of your skin must never be exposed to sunlight. However if this cannot be avoided, it is best for you to apply sunscreens to save your skin from potential infections.
- Good hygiene must always be followed in your efforts to get rid of any acne infections.